Antwerp à la Carte cv is an initiative of 6 Antwerp city guides. Antwerp à la Carte is registered with the Commerce Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0683.999.260.
Antwerp à la Carte is a cv, located at Lange Lozanastraat 65 bus 1 in 2018 Antwerp.
2. Maximum and minimum number of participants per guide
- Maximum: A maximum of 20 participants per guide applies to a walk. The limitation to 20 participants per guide makes walking in the city much more comfortable. For exceptions to this rule, you can contact the organization.
- Minimum: there is no minimum limit for the number of participants, but a minimum of 10 participants is always charged.
If you book a walk at Antwerp à la carte via the website or by telephone, you will receive a confirmation of your walk by e-mail. It states on what date and at what time the walk will take place, where the walk will start and the number of participants that have been agreed.
The payment for a walk must be paid within a week after receipt of the invoice. If the payment has not been made, the reserved time slot is released again.
5. Starting time
- Please arrive at the starting point of the tour in time.
- Are you a little later? Then call the telephone number that you find on the website
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, without informing us by telephone, Antwerp à la Carte can cancel the walk. In this case, the amount paid will not be refunded.
- Antwerp à la Carte adheres to the agreed end time.
6. Change in number of participants
A change in the number of participants that affects the number of guides required can be communicated up to one week before the tour.
- Reservations can be canceled free of charge up to 14 days before the start of the tour.
- If you cancel a reservation up to 48 hours before the start of the tour, 50% of the invoice will be refunded.
- If you cancel a reservation later than 48 hours before the start of the tour, nothing will be refunded.
The per e-mail stated conditions apply to the chosen tour(s) and the number of participants stated. Changes are adjusted in accordance with our general price tables. Any additional costs advanced by Antwerp à la carte (drinks, entrance tickets, …) will be charged after consultation and mutual agreement.
9. Liability – Security
We have taken out civil liability insurance for our guides. This does not alter the fact that each participant remains responsible for their own safety, including in traffic. Antwerp à la Carte cannot be held liable for material or non-material damage suffered by the participant during a walk or for damage caused by the participant to third parties during a walk. Antwerp à la carte cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of the participant’s property.
Therefore, these practical tips to ensure safety:
- Always follow the traffic rules everywhere
- Take into account other road users (cars, trucks, cyclists, walkers, …)
- Follow the guide’s instructions
- Provide appropriate clothing (stiletto heels and paving stones, for example, are not a good combination)
- There are no major height differences to overcome in Antwerp, but here and there you may encounter stairs. If you report in advance that there are wheelchair or walker users in the group, our guides can take this into account when working out the route.
10. Weather conditions and events
Our guides take into account weather conditions and events. This may mean that the route of the walk is adjusted, that it is stopped at locations where you are better protected from rain and wind, or where there is less noise pollution. If the weather conditions do not allow you to walk through the city safely (storm wind, sleet, heavy snow, …) a new date can be programmed for the walk in consultation.
11. Implementation by third parties
Antwerp à la Carte reserves the right to exceptionally have a walk guided by third parties.
12. Evaluation – Disputes
Comments about the quality of the service can always be sent, either immediately to the guide, by telephone or via the website and this at the latest within 5 days after the walk. Disputes are preferably settled in consultation.
Legal disputes regarding the general terms and conditions and invoices are the exclusive competence of the Courts of Antwerp